Christmas is just a few days away. We’re all trying to decide what to make for Christmas dinners, knowing that everyone brings the same things every year. But we also know that we’re often stuffed before we get to the meal because of all the snacking we do. Well, these Beef Pinwheels are the perfect appetizer – few ingredients and easy to make. Not to mention, if we’re going to be snacking, we might as well be snacking on something with some protein, right? And with so few ingredients, it’s easy to change up and fix how your family will like it. We hope you enjoy the recipe, and have a very Merry Christmas!
Total recipe time: 30 minutes
Makes 72 appetizer
- 1 package (16 to 24 ounces) fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), defrosted
- 4 green onions, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into thin long strips
- Heat beef pot roast with gravy in microwave according to package directions. Remove pot roast from container; discard gravy. Shred pot roast in large bowl with 2 forks; stir in cheese. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 metal baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Unfold each puff pastry sheet onto lightly floured surface.
- Cut in half with sharp knife or pizza cutter to make four 10 X 4-3/4 inch rectangles.
- Working with 1 rectangle at time, place a long side in front of you. Place 1/4 of the beef mixture onto pastry, leaving a 1/2 inch border on the long side closest to you. Lay 1/4 of the green onion strips lengthwise over beef mixture. Roll up pastry jelly-roll fashion starting with long side opposite you. Brush water along border and seal pastry. Repeat with remaining pastry, beef mixture and green onions.
- Cut pastry rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices, forming pinwheels. Arrange 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking. Transfer pinwheels to wire rack; cool slightly. Serve warm.