Isn’t it amazing how certain foods and sports just go together in our minds? Finger foods, wings, chips and salsa, you get the picture. Lucky for all of us, beef plays a role in many gameday traditions – burgers, steaks, chili, appetizers, beef galore! Now that springtime is here, grilling up some tasty steaks seems only logical to me!
For those of you hosting parties for the last few games of March Madness, I’m sure you’re looking for some great recipes to prepare for your friends. And we all want to make the food as good as we know the games will be. This “Beef Three-Pointer” recipe involves a simple flank steak (or substitute your favorite steak) with a great rub mixture to add some flavor. This recipe is sure to score some points with your guests – it might even be that awesome last play that everyone talks about for the next year!
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 6 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup teriyaki
- 1−1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup minced garlic
- 24 wooden skewers
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped ginger
- Prepare basting mixture by mixing teriyaki sauce, vegetable oil, ginger and crushed red pepper.
- Cut beef diagonally, across the grain, into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Thread each slice onto a bamboo skewer. Brush beef generously with basting mixture.
- Broil or grill 3 minutes per side to desired doneness, basting once or twice and turning occasionally.
- Soak wooden skewers in ice water at least 15 minutes before adding beef to prevent burning.